I love this ocean

Hello and welcome to my blog! 

This card was fun to make, a lot of coloring and fussy cutting and ink blending. I came up with an idea while at work and I sketched the design out. It's almost like the design I had planned. Almost 🤣


Even though it's just a sketch you can see I can't draw... What looks like weird clothes hangers are supposed to represent mermaids and the weird S-shape under the water is a sea horse... So glad I have stamps!! 😂 

I started with stamping out all the stamps so I could color them. My plan was to use every piece and every mermaid on my card. 


My second plan was to have the mermaids in rainbow colors so I started at the top and worked my way down in the order of the rainbow. 


And since I don't have any dies for these I fussy cut out all the pieces... 



At this point my idea from the sketch went out the door. I decided to do an underwater scene instead of and under and over the sea scene. So to make that I blended together Distress Oxide Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China and Tumbled Glass. 



I needed someething more for this background so I decided to spray a stencil with water and lay my blended piece on top and press down. The stencil is Waves from Simon Says Stamp. 


Early on I decided I needed a sandy bottom and a rock down there. I used some inks from Altenew to blend the sand and the rock. Then I found an old die with some sea weeds and used some of the pieces from there to add to my design. The color Evergreen Bough is perfect for underwater scene. 
With the sand and the rock I just used my scissors to cut out the form I wanted. 


And this is what I ended up with! I didn't use every piece and every mermaid, feel that would be very crowded. But I'm very pleased with this. I don't do scenes that much, but it was fun. 


Thanks for visiting my blog! 
Please visit my Instagram:


Kommentarer

Legg inn en kommentar

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Watercoloring with Distress Oxide inks

It's pink!