A butterfly card

Hello and welcome to my blog! 

This will be one of my entries into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme this week is "Make your own background", and I love making backgrounds so this will be perfect for me 😊

So with this card I did an alcohol ink background on Tim Holtz silver sparkle alcohol cardstock. I love how shimmery it gets. 

Colors used:
Dandelion
Flamingo
Turquoise


Finished! 😁 I love how three colors can turn to different colors. I wished I had more purple shades, but I think it turned out great. You can't go wrong with alcohol inks! 
😉


The background isn't done guite yet. I thought I would use a stencil and translucent embossing paste from Dreamveaver as texture. The stencil is Sunburst from Altenew. 


Btw, love my Make Art Stay-TION from Wendy Vecchi! It's fantastic! 

The paste goes on white but dries clear and the effect is great. 



And this is what I ended up with 😊 I used the big butterfly stamp from Butterfly Love Turnabout stamp set fra Concord & 9th and heat embossed it with gold on vellum. And a sentiment from Simple Strips Background stamp from Taylored Expression. I love that stamp set, so many great sentiments to choose from. 
I glued the butterfly on with foam adhesive to pop it more up. 



So this is what i came up with and I'm very pleased with the results 😚

Thanks for visiting my blog. Check out my Instagram for more cards: 
https://www.instagram.com/charlottewold79/


Kommentarer

  1. That sparkle paper really adds a glow. Your card is awesome!

    SvarSlett
  2. Wow! This background is AMAZING! I am so impressed with the techniques that you used. It is really a feast for the eyes and I liked all of the color-blending you did, too. It is stunning and I'm so glad you shared your project and creative process with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thanks for this amazing feedback! 😊

      Slett

Legg inn en kommentar

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

Watercoloring with Distress Oxide inks

It's pink!

I love this ocean